UNMISS Vehicle Technician Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Vehicle Technician Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Vehicle Technician. Vehicle Technician Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 22/06/2023.
Vehicle Technician Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Vehicle Technician Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Vehicle Technician Jobs Description
Under Resolution 2677 (2023), the Security Council determined that the situation in South Sudan continues to constitute a threat to international peace and security in the region.
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2024. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance as well as free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
UNMISS was established in 2011 under the auspices of the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO); subsequently, UNMISS mandate has been renewed through resolutions 2057 (2012), 2109 (2013), 2155 (2014), 2187 (2014), 2223 (2015), 2241 (Dec. 2015), 2304 (2016) and 2327 (2016), 2392 (Dec. 2017), 2406 (Mar. 2018).
•Conduct repair and maintenance services on United Nations Owned Equipment (UNOE) including Light, Medium, and Heavy vehicles and MHE in accordance with manufacturer specifications.
•Carry out routine/emergency, electrical and hydraulic repairs, and maintenance on the above UNOE
•Check/Installing Carlog where required, downloading data/updating vehicle Carlog system following maintenance.
•Ensure workshop is adequately equipped with safety tools/equipment, and they are always employed.
•Assist with documenting of vehicle maintenance and repair, assigning spare parts and manpower cost to service orders through (Umoja System)
•Teach and share the experience with national colleagues to develop their work performance and professional skills in the respective area
•Maintain warehouse records, prepares financial and budget summaries, write reports, and submits them to the workshop supervisor in accordance with the established UN procedures and deadlines
•Process the vehicle write-off cases in accordance with the established procedures
•Conduct vehicle inspections.
•Perform welding and panel beating tasks when required.
•Perform various additional related duties as and when assigned by the Supervisor.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
4 years of experience in maintenance of motor vehicles, heavy/specialized transport equipment is required.
• Knowledgeable in the use of automotive electronic diagnostic tools.
• Training in Automotive electrical troubleshooting and repair, Vehicle Body Repair, Heavy equipment / Diesel Engines repair, Preventive Maintenance, and/or other related areas
• Operates various models of vehicles /equipment, Light Vehicles, Special Purpose vehicles, Material Handling Equipment, Ground Support Equipment, and Heavy Transport Equipment.
• Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting and reporting skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work professionally and effectively in a challenging environment.
• Ability to work in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
• Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision and ability to work with tight deadlines.
Area(s) of expertise
Engineering and construction , Transport, Logistics and Inventory
General / Heavy vehicle class. Manual Transmission Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Arabic, Level: Working knowledge, Desirable
Required education level
Technical/vocational diploma in Automotive technology, Transportation, Engineering, Logistics.
Competencies and values
• Integrity and professionalism
• Commitment to continuous learning
• Planning and organizing
• Teamwork and respect for diversity
• Flexibility, adaptability, and ability and willingness to operate independently
• Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity and self-reliance; and commitment towards the UN core values
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs