UNOPS HR Senior Assistant Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.unops.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNOPS Vacancies 2023 for HR Senior Assistant Jobs in Juba Location.
UNOPS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNOPS job opportunity portal for the post of HR Senior Assistant. HR Senior Assistant Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.unops.org before the last date which is 19/02/2023.
HR Senior Assistant Jobs at UNOPS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNOPS (United Nations Office for Project Services)|
|Name of Vacancy||HR Senior Assistant Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
HR Senior Assistant Jobs Description
Peace and Security Cluster
The UNOPS Peace and Security Cluster (PSC) is a principal service provider in the field of mine action with the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS), UNDP, UNICEF, Governments of mine-affected countries and other mine action partners. It is led by the Director, who has overall authority and accountability for the performance PSC on behalf of its clients. The Director is responsible for administering and providing oversight of the day-to-day management of the Project Field offices, both according to the client requirements and in line with UNOPS rules and regulations.
Background Information – Job-specific
United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS) South Sudan
The program has been coordinating and providing Quality Assurance (QA) of all humanitarian mine action activities throughout South Sudan since 2004. UNMAS South Sudan’s’ current operations focus on hazardous area surveys, landmine and ERW clearance and destruction, route verification and clearance, Explosive Ordnance Risk Education for UN personnel, humanitarian partners and vulnerable groups, and data management.
Under the direct supervision of the National HR Officer and the overall direction of the Support Services Officer as well as the technical guidance of International HR Officer, the HR Senior Assistant is responsible for providing technical and administrative support to the timely processing, recording, completion, monitoring, and maintaining of transactions and processes covering an array of Human Resources Management service lines in accordance with UNOPS’ HR rules, regulations and policies for optimal employee and talent management. S/he may serve as the first contact for internal and external clients in resolving questions on routine and standard processes and procedures and provision of guidance and information related to HR initiatives and services to a wide range of UNOPS clients.
Functions / Key Results Expected:
- Support to policy development and implementation
- Advisory Services
- Talent Acquisition and Administration
- Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
1. Support to policy development and implementation
- Contribute to HR policy development and corporate HR initiatives by assisting to collect data on trends, risks and opportunities and sharing local HR best practices.
- Assist with projects in support of HR initiatives for attainment of programme objectives in line with the corporate HR strategy.
2. Advisory Services
- Provide advice and guidance to personnel on administrative procedures, processes and practices for delivery of HR services.
- Act as liaison between programme and internal and external counterparts and provides proactive customer service to expedite completion of projects, and provide information.
- As an interlocutor of HR, ensure that new hires’ first impressions are positive and that they have all in-processing information completed.
- Advise hiring management and guide personnel on routine elements of UNOPS recruitment and performance management processes, and learning and development initiatives, resources, and plans.
3. Talent Acquisition and Administration
- Support the completion of recruitment processes including, outreach, offers and rejections, and updating recruitment on-line information system in line with UNOPS policy.
- Undertakes reference checking, elements of longlisting, and organization of testing and interviews; fee calculation, minutes of general-service recruitments.
- Inform and advise UNOPS personnel, contractors, partners and programme personnel on routine aspects and elements of their conditions of service and entitlements according to their contract modality, expediting actions to facilitate their efficient, timely, and client-focused onboarding.
- Research precedents and present recommendations to supervisor, taking into account institutionalized exceptions. Undertake research on a range of HR related issues and assist in the preparation of notes/reports.
- Maintain monitoring systems, advising the supervisor on the status of pending requests and approaching deadlines.
- Answer questions and follow-up with personnel and management to ensure completion of absences requests, performance management cycle, and other HR processes etc. in electronic information systems.
- Liaise with relevant PSC/UNOPS sections to exchange information and follow up on pending issues.
- Support administration of travel requests, payroll verification & payments.
- Monitor status of HR actions to facilitate timely action by supervisor and line management, including on transactions initiated, expiring appointments/contracts, and pending separation actions.
- Manage record maintenance; including personnel file systems as well as provision of related statistical summaries and tracking movements of UNOPS personnel within the relevant business unit/s.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
4. Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide support to the organization, facilitation and/or delivery of training and learning initiatives for personnel on HR-related topics.
- Provides sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
Impact of Results
The effective and successful achievement of results by the HR Senior Assistant directly impacts the compliant execution of HR processes in the respective unit and the efficient and effective performance within it. These promote the credibility of the organization as an effective service provider in project services and management.
- A First Level University Degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience OR
- Secondary education (High School equivalent) with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in an international and/or national organization in providing HR advisory, recruitment, and/or HR generalist services.
- Experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office) and experience in handling web-based management systems is required.
- Fluency in English (writing, reading & speaking) is required
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs