UNOPS Quality Engineering Technician- Senior Assistant Vacancies || UN Jobs in Bor. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.unops.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNOPS Vacancies 2023 for Quality Engineering Technician- Senior Assistant Jobs in Bor Location.
UNOPS Jobs in Bor 2023:- New job notification not for UNOPS job opportunity portal for the post of Quality Engineering Technician- Senior Assistant. Quality Engineering Technician- Senior Assistant Vacancy is for the Bor location. Candidates should apply through www.unops.org before the last date which is 14/08/2023.
Quality Engineering Technician- Senior Assistant Jobs at UNOPS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNOPS (United Nations Office for Project Services)|
|Name of Vacancy||Quality Engineering Technician- Senior Assistant Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=26455#3Quality Engineering Technician- Senior Assistant Jobs Description
The Quality Engineering Technician – Senior Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Monitor the Implementation of all identified public works;
- Guide the community in selection of cost effective sub-projects;
- In consultation with the Environmental and Social Safeguards Assistant, ensure environmental and social safeguards are implemented in all public works activities;
- Provide overall guidance to community mobilization assistant, mobilization clerks and public works clerk on all field level public works activities;
- Contribute in the formation of public works supervisory structure that includes, community level (foreman that oversees all targeted groups and headman in charge of individual groups), and counterpart officials from the government;
- Liaise with the State Ministry of Physical infrastructure for synergy in public works related activities;
- Ensure proper distribution of public works tools to different project sites based on selected sub projects;
- Do routine checks of tool storage facilities in each boma/quarter councils;
- Carry out periodic tools verification to ensure that areas were tool breakages or losses are experienced get timely replacements;
- Support provision of training at the grass roots level for the communities;
- Implement principles and safety rules to be applied to identified public works activities;
- Contribute to the preparation and operationalization of the monitoring and evaluation system of the PW programme;
- Produce reports for all activities undertaken monthly, quarterly and annually.
Impact of Results
The Quality Engineering Technician – Senior Assistant will assist the Quality Engineer in ensuring that the labour intensive public work activities are selected and implemented in compliance with the project Social and Environmental safeguards. Furthermore, he/she will always address social and environmental issues at the field site before escalating it.
- Secondary School Certificate is required;
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or Agricultural Engineering, or related field is an added advantage;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Agricultural Engineering, or related field is an asset.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience in public works activities with Secondary School Certificate is required OR;
- Minimum of three (3) years professional experience in public works activities with Diploma OR;
- Minimum of one (1) year professional experience in public works activities with Degree;
- Good communication skills is an asset;
- Experience implementing World Bank funded projects is an asset.
- Fluency in written, reading and oral English required;
- Knowledge of Local Arabic language is an asset.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs