UNOPS Supply Chain Management Associate Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.unops.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNOPS Vacancies 2023 for Supply Chain Management Associate Jobs in Juba Location.
UNOPS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNOPS job opportunity portal for the post of Supply Chain Management Associate. Supply Chain Management Associate Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.unops.org before the last date which is 07/08/2023.
Supply Chain Management Associate Jobs at UNOPS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNOPS ( Nations Office for Project Services)|
|Name of Vacancy||Supply Chain Management Associate Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Supply Chain Management Associate Jobs Description
The UNOPS Peace and Security Cluster (PSC) is a principal service provider in the field of mine action with the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS), UNDP, UNICEF, Governments of mine-affected countries and other mine action partners. It is led by the Director, who has overall authority and accountability for the performance PSC on behalf of its clients. The Director is responsible for administering and providing oversight of the day-to-day management of the Project Field offices, both according to the client requirements and in line with UNOPS rules and regulations.
Background Information – UNMAS South Sudan
The Mine Action Office in South Sudan is based in Juba and it supports the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) as well as the national demining authorities in coordinating Mine Action activities in South Sudan.
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Specialist-Fleet/Asset and/or the Support Services Officer, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Provide assistance to ensure efficient asset management and logistical services, in compliance with applicable UNOPS and UNMAS instructions, rules and regulations;
- Work closely with key stakeholders to identify, develop and implement asset management activities and work plans;
- Maintain the UNMAS Asset Management systems by recording new assets, performing subsequent activities such as adjustments and updates; and by processing the de-recognition activities;
- Collaborate with the logistics team to ensure that RIR (Receipt and Inspection Report), online and/or offline, for equipment and supplies are completed accurately and in a timely manner;
- Ensure assets are well tracked and equipment and expendables are issued to end users in accordance with equipment issuance procedures;
- Ensure all relevant documentation is completed and the Asset Management Database is always up to date;
- Process data cross-check in Wasp and one UNOPS and ensure that information is matching; report discrepancies/inconsistencies and propose solutions to the asset focal point for appropriate action;
- Support in planning the asset and expendable bi-annual verification activities in collaboration with the Logistics advisor;
- Coordinate full annual stock check, as well as multiple random spot checks, and provide required support in data collection and analysis, necessary for the preparation of UNMAS and UNOPS assets reports;
- Raise tickets on IPAS Portal for asset related issues, and follow up until the resolution of the case;
- Regularly conduct the Master Equipment List (MEL) checks for assets provided by contractors in relation with contracts, in coordination with the contract management department;
- Establish Right of Use (ROU) for non-contractual equipment issued to contractors or any other stakeholders and share the document with the contract management department;
- Initiate loss or damage report processes and ensure that necessary documents are completed on time, and actions are taken in the asset management system;
- Prepare the list of assets for disposal and required paperwork, and conduct asset disposal activities;
- Assist in the maintenance of the expendables management tool, and provide support in preparation of UNOPS expendables reports;
- Ensure the filing system of assets/expendables in both hard and soft copies are accurate;
- Update the inventory management system for non-expendable and expendable items as required;
- Maintain and ensure assets stores are kept orderly, neat and tidy;
- Contribute substantively in the development and implementation of a comprehensive asset management and logistics systems that will operate in accordance with UNOPS logistical procedures;
- Conﬁdentially managing, ﬁling and organizing logistics and asset documentation in accordance with UNOPS processes and procedures;
- Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance of equipment;
- Carry out all program asset services in accordance with UNOPS rules and regulations;
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of assets activities, to ensure timely, cost eﬀective and safe delivery of equipment to clients;
- Monitor the progress of shipments for UNOPS and its clients and coordinate the delivery of the same at the client’s delivery places;
- Establish eﬀective relations with stakeholders in a proactive manner;
- Raises logistics bottlenecks to supervisor for prioritization;
- Ensure that all the documents transactions are well recorded;
- Check and ensure partners stores and warehouse equipment are being well maintained and the supplies are stored safely, securely and properly;
- Develop monitoring tools related with storage and distribution and update on regular bases standard operating procedures to ensure best practices on storage and delivery;
- Assist in updating team members and recipients on applicable process and procedures;
- Attend all meetings and brieﬁngs relevant to his/her function;
- Liaise with Logistics Advisor, Fleet Manager and Support Services Officer on assets issues and queries if applicable;
- Conduct inspection and physical veriﬁcation of all stores and equipment, ensure databases are up to date on the quantity, quality, serviceability, and location of relevant equipment/items;
- Implement internal control system which ensures that goods in transit are tracked and monitored and the asset registry records are updated on a regular basis;
- Prepare relevant asset disposal documentation for review and approval in accordance with UNOPS rules and regulations;
- Assist in registering assets (non-expendable property and equipment) for the oﬃce;
- Establish and maintain/update on an ongoing basis the asset lists, at least on a monthly basis;
- Issue equipment and supplies to the Program and maintain accurate records;
- Timely delivery of assigned tasks;
- Provide logistical support as and when required;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisor(s)
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) is required
- A Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Asset management, Logistics, Supply chain Management or other related field is required.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software including MS Office is required.
- Experience in the use of UNOPS ERP systems (oneUNOPS) is desired.
- Experience working in a multi-national /cultural environment is desired
- Experience in UN/UNOPS Procurement and Asset management rules and regulations is desired
- Fluency in English and French (reading, writing, speaking) is required.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs