WFP Vacancies 2022 for Engineer Jobs in Juba Location.
WFP Jobs in Juba 2022:- New job notification not for WFP job opportunity portal for the post of Engineer. Engineer Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.wfp.org before the last date which is 20 December 2022.
Engineer Jobs at WFP Details
|Name of Vacancy||Engineer Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Last Date||20 December 2022|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Engineer Jobs Description
WHY JOIN US?
WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environment
WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of trainings, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities
A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe
We offer attractive compensation package (please refer to Terms and Conditions section)
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ) or Country Offices (COs). Job holders report to the Division/Country Director or the designate, and are subject to overall normative and technical direction from the Chief Engineer, WFP Engineering in relation to all matters of engineering services and construction activities.
Job holders may work independently or as members of a team, using technical knowledge and expertise to analyse data, prepare reports, provide advice and solutions to problems, and identify opportunities for improvements. They may lead multi-disciplinary teams, including engineering staff, and may manage clusters of project partners and stakeholders to deliver engineering services or more complex projects.
To provide construction and engineering expertise and contribute to the efficient delivery and quality outputs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide technical advice and support in HQ, or COs on the implementation of WFP policies, standards, norms and practices including procurement procedures related to construction activities and engineering services to ensure that outputs meet the established quality standards and are compliant with wider WFP policies, procedures, guidelines and operations.
2. Provide engineering and project management services, apply best practices, standards and innovative technologies, incorporating country-specific technical requirements that comply with WFP standards and processes.
3. Manage and conduct analysis of project proposals to ensure business case and technical feasibility and that project objectives are attainable within prescribed resources.
4. Conduct engineering site assessments of WFP facilities and develop remedial plans to ensure suitability to operational purposes, safety, and efficiency of structures and equipment in line with WFP policies, criteria and standards.
5. Prepare accurate and timely reporting on outputs to facilitate informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
6. Provide technical guidance that support a successful construction procurement process.
7. Participate in discussions with partners, donors and stakeholders, exchange knowledge and experience, keeping abreast of construction and engineering technologies, to ensure implementation of innovative engineering solutions.
8. Build the capacity of engineering teams to facilitate the continued development and high performance.
9. Establish and maintain partnerships with internal and external clients to effectively meet clients’ expectations.
10. Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance and monitor the management of risks.
11. Other as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY REQUIREMENTS
Education: Advanced University degree in Civil Engineering or related Engineering discipline, or First University degree with additional years or experience and/or advanced training/courses. Accreditation to “Professional Engineer” or “Chartered Engineer” status, or recognized equivalent by an appropriate national or international regulatory authority.
Experience: At least 5 years of relevant professional, postgraduate experience in planning and organizing, managing work programs and objectives, staff and budgets, and liaison with stakeholders/donors
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
MORE ABOUT YOU
• managed or contributed to the management of a small to medium scale engineering or construction project, taking responsibility for engineering decision-making
• developed good knowledge in engineering specialisations (e.g. seismic, environmental, blast, fire or security and safety engineering).
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
These are the common standards of behaviour that guide HOW we work together to accomplish our mission.
Leads by Example with Integrity – Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others
Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments – Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change
Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork – Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth
Applies Strategic Thinking – Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things
Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships – Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives
Different expectations of behaviour are defined depending on your grade and role/responsibilities within WFP.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is an International Professional position and candidates must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment. Mobility is and continues to be, a core contractual requirement in WFP. The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed term as well as a rotational contract with a probationary period of one year.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. For more details, please visit icsc.un.org.
The selected candidate will be required to relocate to Juba, South Sudan to take up this assignment.
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable)
Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language
Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter
Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time
Please contact us at [email protected] in case you face any challenges with submitting your application
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs