WFP Senior Driver Vacancies || UN Jobs in Kiev . Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.wfp.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
WFP Vacancies 2022 for Senior Driver Jobs in Kiev Location.
WFP Jobs in Kiev 2022:- New job notification not for WFP job opportunity portal for the post of Senior Driver. Senior Driver Vacancy is for the Kiev location. Candidates should apply through www.wfp.org before the last date which is 12 December 2022.
Senior Driver Jobs at WFP Details
|Name of Vacancy||Senior Driver Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Last Date||12 December 2022|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Senior Driver Jobs Description
Why work with us?
The war in Ukraine has left an estimated one in three families without enough food, rising to one in two in some areas of the East and South. More than 6 million Ukrainians have been internally displaced and more than 6 million have left the country. Many of those who remain have lost their livelihoods, especially in areas close to the front lines. Millions who fled their homes to the country’s West are preparing for long-term internal displacement. Many who have returned to liberated areas around the capital, Kyiv, are struggling to rebuild their lives, having run out of money or found their homes reduced to rubble.
WFP is quickly scaling up to support 4.7 million people per month inside Ukraine, using a flexible mix of food and cash assistance. We support people wherever they are, including in areas close to the front line.
This is an opportunity for an exciting and challenging Human Resources role in a multi-cultural, hardworking, fun and interdisciplinary HR team. In addition, we offer:
➡️ Meaningful and impactful careers: Our day-to-day work makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve
➡️ Continuous learning and training: We provide learning tools for our staff to continually develop their careers
➡️ Multicultural and stimulating work environment: We encourage gender and cultural diversity to make our teams stronger
Join us to make a difference in Ukraine, watch this video to know more about us!!
To provide efficient and safe transportation to senior WFP staff, high ranking UN officials or visitors, and/or provide support in coordinating transport-related services.
How can you make a difference?
In this position you will have to
1. Provide transportation to senior WFP staff, high ranking UN officials and visitors including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and the delivery and collection of various items following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
2. Plan and assign the routes and schedules for other Drivers, to support efficient transport-related services for clients.
3. Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities, to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorised destinations.
4. Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
5. Efficiently plan and coordinate WFP vehicle maintenance to ensure vehicles are fully equipped with required travel authorisations and supplies, assigned equipment on board is in a good condition to support safe and efficient services.
6. Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
7. Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills, to ensure administrative support to clients.
To join us in saving lives, changing lives, you will need to have…
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/Certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations (C/C1 Class).
Experience: Three (3) or more years of work experience as a driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy, or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks, and other kinds of motorized vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
Language: Ability to communicate in English. Ability to effectively communicate in Ukrainian and Russian.
Knowledge and Skills:
o Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/ waterways and conditions, and security issues.
o Good understanding of transport services and ability to coordinate routes and schedules or other drivers
o Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g., fire extinguishers)
o Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
o Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
o Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
o Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone, and other applications.
o Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods
o Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.
Before you apply…
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive work environment in which diversity is valued and where no form of discrimination is tolerated. We aim to achieve parity in our teams in Ukraine. Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply. CV and cover letter must be submitted in the English language.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs