WHO Service Delivery Systems Technical Officer Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.who.int before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
WHO Vacancies 2023 for Service Delivery Systems Technical Officer Jobs in Juba Location.
WHO Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for WHO job opportunity portal for the post of Service Delivery Systems Technical Officer. Service Delivery Systems Technical Officer Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.who.int before the last date which is 23/03/2023.
Service Delivery Systems Technical Officer Jobs at WHO Details
|Recruiter Name||WHO (World Health Organization)|
|Name of Vacancy||Service Delivery Systems Technical Officer Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Service Delivery Systems Technical Officer Jobs Description
- Background and Justification
- Purpose of the Position
To provide technical support to the Ministry of Health and National Health sector stakeholders for the development and implementation of policies ,strategies and plans for strengthening health service delivery systems and developing human resources for attainment of Universal Health Coverage in the Republic of South Sudan.
- Job Description
- Objectives of the Programme and of the immediate Strategic Objective
The overall objective of the programme is to support national efforts for strengthening the
management and organization of health services as well as developing human resources to move
towards Universal Health Coverage. To support the development and implementation of national
health policies, strategies and plans of action and developing systems ,frameworks and tools for
monitoring and evaluation of interventions for improving access, quality and affordability of
integrated and people-centered health services. Strengthen institutional capacity for health workforce development related policies and plans focusing on the governance, production and health workforce management. Strengthen institutional capacity for pharmaceutical programming and regulatory frameworks.
Organizational context (Describe the individual role of incumbent within the team, focusing on work environment within and outside the organization)
Under the leadership and guidance of the WHO Representative Republic of South Sudan, the incumbent will work within the WHO South Sudan Universal Health Coverage Life Course Cluster to provide technical advice on health service delivery systems(SDS), health resources for health(HRH)programs and pharmaceutical programming to the Ministry of Health. S/he will work directly with the national government and health partners to coordinate implementation of WHO/Country collaborative SDS/HRH and Pharmacy policies strategies and plans. This requires contacts with a broad range of partners and coordinating with other UN agencies, government entities, health stakeholders and donor representatives.
Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve main objectives; include main achievements expected):
Under the leadership and guidance of the WHO Representative Republic of South Sudan the incumbent will within the WHO South Sudan Universal Health Coverage Life Course(ULC) Cluster in close consultation with ULC/ AFRO undertake the implementation of the following:
- Provide technical support and facilitate policy dialogue for development, implementation ,regular reviews of the basic package of health services required for moving towards Universal Health Coverage
- Provide technical assistance on health service delivery organization and models at various levels including strengthening integration; referral systems and support supervision to ensure integrated people centred health services.
- Support the Ministry of Health(MOH) and health partners efforts in strengthening the County Health System and overall linkages with the State Health Services
- Support the MOH and health partners in the development and implementation of quality assurance/continuous quality improvement strategies and processes at all levels of the health service delivery
- Support the MOH and health partners in the development and implementation of patient safety and infection control policies, strategies and processes at all levels of the health service delivery
- Provide technical support for the development and implementation strategies for community based health initiatives including the Boma Health Initiative as well as community participation in management of health services
- Support the Ministry of Health in strengthening the institutional framework and management capacity for hospital services at all levels through training, mentoring, coaching and other innovative approaches that promote good governance and improved performance of secondary/tertiary health care
- Provide technical support and facilitate policy dialogue for development, implementation ,regular reviews of human resources for health policies, strategies and plans in line with the Africa regional roadmap on scaling up the health workforce and the WHO Global HRH strategy
- Monitor and evaluate the health workforce development, including comprehensive mapping of the health workforce and/or updating existing health workforce database, identify gaps, recommend appropriate actions and design innovative tools.
- Support the South Sudan Medical Council efforts in strengthening and implementing legal and regulatory frameworks to promote adherence to national accreditation standards and professional codes of practice
- Support the development of appropriate staffing norms for each level of service delivery using the workload indicator of staffing needs approach/tool
- Support the capacity of health training institutions (HTI) through tutor development programs; curriculum development and review/revisions/standardization of training courses; development and implement of quality assurance frameworks for HTI.
- Support the Ministry of Health and Partners to strengthen the governance structures, processes and systems within the pharmaceutical sector
- Support strengthening the pharmaceutical supply chain to deliver safe, efficacious and affordable essential medicines and supplies and their rational use in a sustainable and equitable manner
- Support the Ministry of health and partners to strengthen the regulatory framework and quality management process within the pharmaceutical sector
- Support the Ministry of Health and partners to establish and operationalize a multi stakeholder platform for addressing antimicrobial resistance (AMR); Develop and implement a policy and plan for AMR and Antimicrobial use (AMU) as well as governance structures (antimicrobial resistance coordinating committee) and mechanisms for combating AMR
Recruitment Profile Competencies:
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Producing results
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Functional Knowledge and Skills
Describe the essential knowledge and the skills specific to the position
- Technical expertise in planning, monitoring and evaluating health systems
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound methodological and technical advice and guidance to multiple stakeholders and partners in Countries
- Demonstrated ability to analyze political context and interact and negotiate effectively with multiple interests at the political level
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the Ministry of Health and with stakeholders at the country level, as well as with the regional, and Staff at the Country level
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, integrate, synergize and communicate complex and ideas verbally and in writing
- Ability to plan, analyse data and design studies
- Ability to monitor and communicate progress in terms of process and results
- IT proficiency
- Knowledge of programme management and functioning of WHO and the UN system is an asset.
University degree in medicine or public health or health management or health related field
Master’s Degree in Public health / Health Services Management /Health planning, policy and financing/Health workforce development
At least 7 years of working experience in health systems development including health services
management, human resources for health .Experience working with national health authorities and
with multiple high-level stakeholders and promoting collaborative partnerships.
Relevant work experience in WHO, other UN agencies; experience working in relevant non-governmental or humanitarian organizations. Experience in developing countries.
Use of Language Skills
Excellent knowledge of English. Working knowledge of local language and/or another WHO official language would be an asset.
Other Skills (e.g. IT)
- Proficiency in MS Office
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs