World Bank Social Protection Specialist Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.worldbank.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
World Bank Vacancies 2023 for Social Protection Specialist Jobs in Juba Location.
World Bank Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for World Bank job opportunity portal for the post of Social Protection Specialist. Social Protection Specialist Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.worldbank.org before the last date which is 08/03/2023.
Social Protection Specialist Jobs at World Bank Details
|Recruiter Name||World Bank (World Bank Garoup)|
|Name of Vacancy||Social Protection Specialist Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Social Protection Specialist Jobs Description
Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
The Social Protection & Jobs Global Practice delivers operational approaches and evidence-based solutions to help individuals, families and communities manage risk, cope with chronic/transitional poverty, and access better livelihoods and jobs. These include:
• Strategy, policy development, financing and design of programs delivering social safety nets/social assistance in the form of cash transfers, public works programs, and fee waivers.
• Advisory and analytical services on design and delivery of contributory transfers (including old-age pensions, unemployment insurance, disability and survivor benefits), and their fiscal sustainability (including budget support for transitions).
• Analysis, policy development, design and delivery of labor market and youth employment programs (with a focus on supply side interventions and intermediation policies), as well as policy advice on labor market regulations and interventions.
• Policy development, strategy, analysis, financing and design of integrated social protection delivery systems (e.g., payment systems, beneficiary identification, beneficiary/social registries, systems assessments) as underpinnings of effective social programs that can help cope with climatic shocks or underpin fiscal reforms.
The Social Protection and Jobs (SPJ) Global Practice has a growing portfolio in South Sudan, which includes South Sudan Productive Safety Net for Socioeconomic Opportunities Project (SNSOP), Emergency Locust Response Project (ELRP), and a cross-cutting analytical agenda, including enhanced GBV prevention, risk mitigation and response through safety nets, social registry and South Sudan Youth Development and Human Capital Review.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The successful candidate will support the World Bank’s engagement in the design and implementation of the SPJ programs in South Sudan, as a key member of the team, based in Juba. The primary objective of the position is to support the effective implementation of the ongoing SPJ portfolio in South Sudan, with a special focus on social safety nets and jobs, and advance the analytical as well as technical assistance work, while working to broaden the engagement with other GPs, clients, and development partners in-country. This will require close engagement and coordination with the Government, development partners and other stakeholders.
Major responsibilities include:
• Support Task Team Leaders /Co-Task Team Leaders with implementation support for the Productive Safety Net for Socioeconomic Opportunities Project (SNSOP) and the SPJ component of Emergency Locust Response Project (ELRP) currently under implementation.
• Support Task Team Leaders /Co-Task Team Leaders, in South Sudan or on a cross-support basis to other countries, with design of new safety net operations or Additional Financing, focusing on opportunities for those new operations to develop.
1. Identify opportunities to introduce innovations in the SNSOP operations; coordinate and oversee the implementation support; provide continuous technical support in the areas of safety net operations to the main implementation agencies of the SNSOP and the ELRP including the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security (MOAFS), Ministry of Gender, Child and Social Welfare (MGCSW), Ministry of Finance and Planning, and Commission for Refugee Affairs (CRA).
• Engage actively in developing the jobs and livelihoods agenda with a special focus on youth and women.
• Promote digital innovations in the SNSOP projects.
• Identify gender gaps and women’s empowerment opportunities including ECD approaches and linkages with the education and health sectors, develop innovative ways of filling those gaps and identify indicators of measuring success.
• Participate in planning and organization of bi-annual Joint Implementation Support missions for the SNSOP and ELRP; take a proactive role in all or part of the implementation review activities; contribute to drafting Aide-Memoires and implementation review documents and monitor the implementation of recommendations from Aide-Memoires.
• Participate in field missions as needed to assess the quality of implementation on the ground, identify systemic issues, and recommend remedial actions.
• Participate in and contribute to knowledge sharing activities with the government, UN agencies and development partners, especially on social protection adapting evidence and resources from other countries where relevant.
• Engage in south-south learning and training as required.
• Contribute to analytical pieces related to social protection and Jobs.
• Support the Task Team leaders of the SNSOP and ELRP in the management of trust funds including preparation of trust fund proposals, , briefings and periodic reports to DP’s and progress reports as well as leading the donor coordination/relationship for the SNSOP DPs with Bank teams and government counterparts.
• Support the Task Team leaders in the preparation of the Implementation Support Reports (ISRs) for SNSOP.
• Ensure coordination and complementarity with the broader SPJ portfolio.
• Minimum of MSc degree in Economics, Development studies or relevant discipline with at least 5 years of relevant work experience
• Familiarity with the South Sudan context, and with the Government of South Sudan social protection policies and safety net programs; strong knowledge of the design and implementation of Safety Net programs.
• Experience of working with the World Bank, UN agencies, Civil society, and Development Partners on social protection.
• Demonstrated experience with World Bank operations and key aspects of program management and with operational implementation of development programs in the field.
• Experience with multi-sectoral programming and multiple partners, including within low-capacity and FCV environments is an asset.
• Strong operational track record in delivering results in challenging and low-capacity contexts, including program monitoring & evaluation.
• Strong analytical skills and proven ability to conduct and oversee policy-relevant research, translate theory into practical applications, and adapt professional knowledge and technical skills to analyze, diagnose and propose solutions to policy issues and challenges.
• Ability to convey analysis in easily communicable and compelling fashion, and on often short turnaround times. Demonstrated ability to capture knowledge and communicate main messages in knowledge briefs and policy notes, as well as power point presentations for high level audiences.
• Fluency in English and Arabic (written and verbal) is required
• Proven pro-active engagement, forward looking and independent thinking, as well as initiative that leads to results
• Ability to maintain client relationships in the face of conflicting demands or directions and provides evidence-based advice and solutions based on sound diagnosis and knowledge.
• Evidence of strong interpersonal skills, judgement and with proven ability to work in a team and intercultural environment, with minimal supervision.
• Proven track record of multi-tasking, managing competing demands and effectively time-managing tasks.
• SPJ Sectoral Knowledge and Experience – Analytical and operational expertise in SPJ. Priority will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience in Social Safety Nets and Jobs.
• World Bank Procedures, workflow, and internal division of Jobs. Understands and follows World Bank policies and procedures including for knowledge management and Trust Fund Management.
• Client Orientation – Record of developing strong internal and external client relationships. Capacity to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders within and outside the Bank. Good interpersonal communication and diplomacy skills.
• Drive for Results – Takes ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
• Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view. Proven ability to work in teams and intercultural environment, with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge, Learning and Communication – Actively seeks knowledge needed to complete assignments and shares knowledge with others, communicating and presenting information in a clear and organized manner
• Data Collection, Processing and Analysis – capability of i) gathering and compiling data from various non-digitized and digitized sources, ii) organizing and analyzing them using computerized spreadsheets (e.g. MS-Excel), iii) demonstrated ability to contribute to the analysis, and iv) preparing succinct narratives based on the analysis.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Amharic required.
• Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making – Analyzes facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others’ work.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs